Editing & Proofreading | Creative Content & Stories | Long-Form Journalism | Social/Content Strategy
Editing & Proofreading
I’ve worked as a professional editor since 2008.
As associate editor at Trail Runner, I managed the work of 50+ freelance writers. Currently, I edit on a freelance basis—doing developmental edits, writing coaching, line-by-line edits, proofreading, and everything in between. I work with corporations, online media, book publishers, print magazines, and independent authors. I also edit a variety of shorter form content, including magazine features, online articles, product information, and technical guides.
Have a project? I’ll gladly edit a sample for you for free to see if we’re a good match. Drop me a line. In the meantime, here is what several past clients have said about me:
- “I couldn’t be happier with Yitka’s work! When our original editor pulled out at the last minute, we didn’t think we’d be able to find someone who could edit our book in time. Not only did Yitka complete the project before our deadline, she went above and beyond what we were expecting. She caught things that so many others had missed. She is a pro at what she does and made the whole piece flow and read beautifully. I never thought I’d be so thrilled that our original editor pulled out. I will definitely be utilizing her skills in the future and recommending Yitka to everyone. Thank you!!!”
—Robin Konie, author and blogger at Thank Your Body
- “Working with Yitka was a fantastic experience! Her level of service far exceeded our expectations. We were hoping for a careful proofreader, and she was superior, but she did so much more than catch errant spelling. She provided excellent insight on refining the language and flow of the narrative, all while conserving our writing style. She went even further by checking key references, which was far beyond our expectations and so helpful. We were thrilled with the end product and would recommend Yitka very highly to anyone seeking an efficient, knowledgeable and talented proofreader and/or editor!”
—Becky Burton, author at Gus McAllibaster
- “Yitka is a pleasure to work with. During my project she was super responsive when I had questions and the project turnaround was very fast. She is able to edit in a way that blends with any writing style, making the whole process seamless. I will definitely work with Yitka again!”
—Heather Haynes, author at Kula Mama
I’ve successfully produced and managed online content for several publications including Trail Runner magazine and Outdoors NW magazine, building online audiences through high-quality content and grassroots marketing. In 2011, I served as project manager to help Outdoors NW redesign its outdated website and move to a more modern, flexible content management system on WordPress.
I also have 8+ years of experience managing small-business social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Most recently, I brought the fan base of the Trail Runner Facebook page from 18,000 to 165,000—which ultimately more than doubled annual traffic to the Trail Runner website, bringing their annual pageviews to more than 6 million.
- “[Yitka] was a member of the Price Media team for a couple of years, writing stories, participating in Team Outdoors NW, helping us become established in social media, and collaborating in the development of our website. She’s a bundle of focused energy, always thinking of new and creative ways of pushing ahead.”
—Greg Price, Owner, Price Media/Outdoors NW Magazine
Other basic skills:
- Content management systems, especially WordPress and Joomla
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Google Analytics, Facebook Insights